Browse through the available positions below. Companies can be contacted directly.
Excellent opportunity exists within an international organization (Agricultural Industry). The purpose of this role is to implement the transplanting, fertilizing, irrigation, storage and shipment plans for the propagation plants. This position is also responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the department including employee supervision and development.
- Responsible for implementing the crop plan for propagation.
- Responsible for forecasting micro cuttings needs based on the crop plan and schedule the delivery of plant material to ensure timelines are met.
- Work closely with the micro propagation laboratories for new cultivar initiation as well as maintenance of existing cultures.
- Monitor and ensure that optimum environments exist in greenhouses.
- Develop fertilizer and pesticide schedules.
- Assess and track the available useable and saleable plants to ensure that the specific targeted number for each cultivar is available. Ensure that all plant movements including transfers, shrink and new plantings are accounted for in inventory.
- Responsible for operating within the approved budget amounts. Actively manage expenditures and provide all documentation and receipts to the accounting department in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the department. Establish and implements short and long term departmental goals.
- Supervise, develop and coach department personnel. Set performance goals and objectives, development plans and conduct timely performance appraisals. Establish and maintain good morale, motivation, and recognition of accomplishment in all employees.
- Plan and budget for the labor hours required in the department. Responsible for establishing the work schedule and managing the labor hours to plan.
- Provide reporting and analysis on the propagation activities and labor on a regular basis.
- Ensure supplies are ordered in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Ensure the propagation facilities and equipment are properly maintained.
- Ensure that the work performed is conducted in a safe, efficient manner.
- Represent the company to visitors and guests and attend industry-related meetings and tradeshows.
- Support, perpetuate and enhance the company’s core values and corporate culture.
- Assist with maintaining confidentiality
- Assure the highest level of confidentiality on sensitive matters concerning the company.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Adheres to the standards set forth in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Plant Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires 5+ years’ experience in plant propagation within the nursery industry.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a supervisory or management position in a sales environment with proven ability to manage, develop and mentor staff.
- Knowledge of plant tissue culture and conventional plant propagation techniques.
- Full understanding of greenhouse controls for all forms of irrigation including misting, fogging, and micro-irrigation.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in writing and verbally to peers and management.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to travel internationally for company business or attend events off-site.
- Valid driver’s license as well as passport
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time management, organizational, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with many interdependencies.
Salary negotiable depending on qualification and experience
Please email applications to: email@example.com