International Gardening Personality Chris Beardshaw in South Africa 11 to 17 September 2010
The SANA Tom Arnold Bursary Fund will host the well know BBC TV gardening personality Chris Beardshaw from the UK during September 2010. As part of our ongoing fundraising activities Chris will present a series of public lectures and a gala dinner for the green industry. Find out more on Chris Beardshaw at www.chrisbeardshaw.com
Chris will talk on “Contemporary garden design and planting for sustainable gardening” which are subjects close to his heart and the subject of a number of his books. Be inspired by one of the most energetic new generation gardeners and see how gardening trends in the world are applicable in your own backyard.
Find out more as well as booking forms for the various events here:
For more information please contact Keith Kirsten or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Renowned, award-winning horticulturist, Chris Beardshaw will be hosting a series of lectures courtesy of South Africa’s favourite gardening celebrity, Keith Kirsten and the South African Nursery Association Bursary Fund, from 11 to 16 September 2010, in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban.
Keith Kirsten will introduce Chris Beardshaw at a series of lectures focussing on good garden design and modern planting for sustainable gardening. Chris and Keith will be at the following venues during September:
- 11 September Industry Gala Black Tie Function, exclusively for industry representatives, at Keith Kirsten’s River Lodge Farm, in aid of the SANA bursary fund.
- 14 September 10h30 Lecture at Kirstenbosch Botanic Gardens Auditorium, Cape Town.
- 15 September 11h00 Lecture at Makaranga Garden Lodge in Durban.
- 16 September 10h30 Lecture at Buitengeluk, Broadacres, Johannesburg.
Chris studied horticulture at Pershore College and after a spell in the industry obtained a Masters degree in Landscape Architecture at Cheltenham University. He lectured at Pershore College from 1997 to 2001. He is an external examiner at Falmouth College and a consultant lecturer for Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh. He was awarded an honorary fellowship in 2004 by University of Gloucestershire and is a regular judge for the RHS.
Chris’s television, radio and print media career includes Wild About Your Garden, Gardener’s Question Time, The Flying Gardener, Gardeners’ World, Hidden Gardens, Great Garden Detectives, Country Lives, The Great Garden Challenge, Surprise Gardens, Real Rakeovers, Gardening Neighbours and Housecall.
His list of published works include :
- How does your Garden Grow?
- The Natural Gardener
- Contributor to BBC Gardener’s World, Period House and Cotswold Life
- His new book in association with the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew will be published in 2010
His show garden at the World Garden Competition in Japan in 2009 won one of only four awards at the show for ‘Best Planting Design and Horticultural Skills’.
He has also won:
- 6 RHS Gold Medals & 3 Silver Gilt’s
- 2 consecutive People’s Choice Award at Chelsea Show Garden
- 5 RHS Best in Show Awards
Chris is a supporter and patron of numerous charities and launched the Chris Beardshaw Mentoring Scholarship bringing together key players in the industry who devote their time to fast track a student’s career in landscape design.
Contact Keith Kirsten Horticulture on 011 317 0903 or email email@example.com for information on these exciting and inspiring lectures.